The Newey Boat Shop
serves as our primary teaching venue. It is a thoroughly modern boat building facility which consists of a 40'x25' shop with appropriate machinery and hand tools, a 31'x25' meeting/project room and an office/tool crib.

RIGHT and BELOW: Boatbuilding in the Center's facility

The Center also has a 36'x16' shop in a separate building which is utilized as a boat repair/maintenance shop. Adjacent to it is a 40'x16' 'tent' enclosure that houses Elvira, a 'P' class sloop built by Gill Smith in Patchogue in 1906. Elvira (below) is undergoing refurbishment to serve as fleet "flagship" of what will become the Maritime Center's Boat Livery.

The Carmans River Maritime Center's 'flagship' Elvira crossing the finish line
at the Bellport Bay Festival's
Antique Boat Regatta, 1982














Questions? Comments? Contact info@carmansrivermaritime.org
Copyright (c) 2005 Post-Morrow Foundation